CP42 Commercial Kitchen Gas Safety Certificate

What is a commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

This is the official term for a safety certificate that is issued annually by a registered Gas Safe engineer to cover all gas installation and appliances in your kitchen. These certificates specifically target commercial kitchen facilities. Typically these include:

  • Restaurants & Cafes
  • Take-away shops
  • Catering businesses
  • Staff canteens
  • Food production centres

Do I need a CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

Yes, if you have a commercial kitchen with gas appliances. You have legal duty to ensure sure that any gas equipment on your premises is checked and certified by a gas safe qualified engineer at least once every year. Your insurance cover will almost certainly depend on you having a current CP42 Gas Safety Certificate

If you lease your property, don’t assume this is the responsibility of the Landlord. Usually leases include clauses that pass responsibility for gas safety to the leaseholder.

What does a  commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate cover?

The list of safety checks is set down by law and they cover all gas appliances, pipework, extraction systems and gas interlock systems.

What if I don’t have a  commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

You are breaking the law and could potentially be prosecuted under Regulation 35 of the “Duties of Employers and self-employed persons” of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. Also, your insurance may well be null and void.

How long does a CP42 Gas Safety Certificate last?

12 months from date of issue.

How do I get a commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

Give us a call on the numbers above and we will provide a quote within 24 hours.


More information HERE

Need a CP42 Gas Safety Certificate? Please Call Us