Berkshire – Buckinghamshire – Hertfordshire – Hampshire – Oxfordshire – Middlesex – Surrey
The installation of your air conditioning system is a major investment. Naturally you will want to protect your investment by both prolonging the life of your system and ensuring that the air conditioning units are running efficiently and economically.
At Air Intelligence we offer comprehensive air conditioning servicing programmes for all air conditioning installations – large or small. The primary goal of servicing is to reduce the possibility of equipment failure before it actually occurs.
Why Do I Need Air Conditioning Servicing?
Water leaking is one of the most common issues we find with air conditioning units. This occurs when the condensation tray within the indoor air conditioning unit is unable to drain properly. The usual cause of this is that the condensate pump is under performing or has failed. Other causes include dirt or scum blocking the condensate drain tray or there is a blockage in the drain off pipework. Servicing your air conditioning ensures the pump is operating correctly and the the drain is clear of debris.
Your air conditioning system has air filters to remove airborne particles from the air. These particles are captured in the air filters which slowly become blocked and the airflow reduces. Our air conditioning service engineers remove and clean these filters.
A lack of air conditioning servicing will lead to reduce performance of the equipment. Here are just a handful of reasons why performance of air conditioning units reduces in the absence of regular servicing:
- Loss of refrigerant gas
- Clogged filters in the indoor unit
- Restricted air flow to the outdoor units
- Compressor faults
This is usually occurs during cold winter weather. The coils on the outdoor units freeze over when insufficient air is able to pass over the coils, thus reducing performance and likelihood of a shut down.
The same is true for the indoor unit coils. It occurs when the indoor unit is not able to dissipate all the cooling it is generating and hence the condensation starts to freeze on the coil. Regular air conditioning servicing considerably reduces the likelihood of this occurring.
Air conditioning units are often blamed for stale odours within a work space. This problem occurs because air conditioning units produce water, which then mixes with bacteria sucked into the system. This, combined with changing temperatures can produce unpleasant smells. Regular air conditioning servicing ensures the coils are chemically cleansed of bacteria.
Air conditioning systems are now a very efficient and cost effective means of heating a space. But an un-serviced air conditioning unit has to work much harder to produce the same amount of cooling or heating. This can considerably increase energy costs and out way any advantages in this type of heating.
If you occupy a commercial building, you are now required by law to carry out regular servicing of your air conditioning equipment. The frequency is discussed later in this article.
How do I know if my Air conditioning Needs Servicing?
Air conditioning usually needs servicing if any of the following apply:
- It seems to take to long to heat up or cool down
- It struggles to keep the work space warm or cool enough.
- There are unpleasant smells in the work space.
- Strange sounds coming from the indoor or outdoor units.
How often do I need to service my air conditioning?
Typically most air conditioning installations would require servicing one (if less than 3kg refrigerant) or twice per year (if less than 30kg of refrigerant). Installations with more than 300kg of refrigerant or more critical areas such as computer rooms may more frequent service intervals.
Why our air conditioning servicing programmes are different:
- We don’t tie you in, so if you don’t like our work….just ask us to stop.
- We don’t ask for any up front payments.
- We don’t charge mileage, parking or journey time (except when exceeding 90mins) when you call us out.
- We endeavour to attend site within 4 hours or less for urgent problems.
- We ensure all appropriate records are kept so that you meet your statutory obligations.
- We provide a custom web dashboard showing all your maintenance history, visit dates, equipment details. See our sample site HERE.
- We provide all the proper paperwork – risk assessment, permit to work, method statement and insurance details.
- Your existing air conditioning warranties will not be affected by changing to us.
- Priority scheduling for call outs
Please call to arrange a free quote….its less than what you might think.