Air Intelligence Health & Safety Policy Statement
The health and safety at work act and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations imposes a statutory duty on employers to ensure as in so far as reasonably practicable the health and safety of their employees whilst at work and ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments of the work are done and control measures introduced to minimise the risk to health & safety. This duty also extends to others who may be affected by that work.
Employees also have a statutory duty to take care of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within our organisational structure.
The system will be appropriate to the nature and scale of the business and includes a commitment to prevent injury or ill health, providing a framework for setting and reviewing standards and continually improving health and safety management. The System is to comply with applicable legislation and other requirements to which it subscribes. The System is documented in the EQHS Manual and also in the Health & Safety Manual as appropriate. The System is committed to all staff at commencement and at refresher training as appropriate. The System is available to interested parties via the website and is reviewed each year to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to the Company.
1. We will, so far as reasonably practical, ensure that:
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure that provisions are made for health, safety and welfare.
- Risk assessments are carried out regularly, especially those concerning COSHH and vibration and all are review periodically.
- Systems of work are provided and maintained that are safe and without risk to health.
- Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health.
- All employees are provided with such information, instructions, training and management as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Where appropriate, health surveillance will be provided to employees.
- The provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment is safe and without risk to health.
- The working environment of all employees is safe and without risk to health and that adequate provision is made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- The place of work is safe and that there is safe access to and egress from the workplace.
- Monitoring activities are undertaken to maintain agreed standards.
- A kitchen and dining area is provided at head office for staff while engineers working on sites will need to make arrangements with the client to use the facilities available.
2. It is the duty of all employees at work:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and co-operate with us in fulfilling our statutory duties. Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
- Take due regard of Health & Safety information provided. Be aware of substances that may cause danger to health and inform management immediately if such items are discovered.
This Health & Safety Policy will be reviewed annually, amended and updated as and when necessary and any changes communicated to all employees.
There are established and effective procedures for consultation and communication between management and employees on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare.
Signed P. Hunter – Co-Director of Air Intelligence Ltd